Councillor Irene Walsh, Cabinet Member for Community Cohesion and Safety (and purveyor of badly photoshopped retro portraits) has been busy and a few noses in the Community Cohesion trough have been duly refreshed...
PCC Cabinet Members duly rubber stamped funding to Third Sector partners as part of the Community Cohesion action plan for 2012-13:
· Support funding to address hot spot high tension areas/individuals – Peterborough Racial Equality Council (PREC) £2,000:00
· Support for community newsletters (editing, translation and production costs) Beehive Community Centre (c/o Millfield Medical Centre) - £1,000:00.
· Support for a city centre event to recognise and promote volunteering opportunities – Peterborough Council for Voluntary Services (PCVS) - £500:00
· Supporting the work of the Disability Forum to improve access for disabled people – DIAL Peterborough £2,000:00
· Establishing Inspire Peterborough charity to improve access and choice of disability sports - DIAL Peterborough -£21,000:00) (... and probably lose their Disability Living Allowance as reported in the national press!)
· Supporting the work of the Faith and Communities Network (payment to All Souls Church as agent)- £3,000:00
· Licence for Food Bank – Kingsgate Church - £500)) and to authorise the Executive Director of Operations or the head of service to enter into grant agreements or other suitable legal documents with the above named Third Sector partners
POLICE 101, Emergency 999, Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 & NEWSDESK 01733 345581 E&OE