- Whilst Money is being spent keeping the City Centre tidy and pretty, Orton is being left with walls crumbling, Pavements & paths broken and other infrastructure neither maintained nor repaired – Orton Needs more attention, residents deserve somewhere they can feel proud of to live.
- The Conservatives are implementing a “Garden Tax” by charging you an extra £39 on top of your Council Tax, for the use and emptying of brown garden waste bins. This is will add to fly-tipping and is a step backwards for the environment, why should residents pay extra on top of their Council Tax? I ran a petition against this extra charge, All Conservative Councillors opposed the petition – This extra charge is wrong.
- Conservatives voted for the closure of 8 Children’s Centres, including Hampton and greatly reduced services at others including Orton. We should be enhancing provision for families and children.
- Whilst they are making cuts to essential services, the Tories are proposing to give inflation busting wage rises to Executive Directors on the Council of up to 20%! - They are really out of touch
- Push for Orton to be a better place and help Councillor Lisa Forbes implement our 9 point plan including: clearing graffiti & fly tipping, either repairing or replacing damaged street furniture, repairing broken paths, kerbs, cycle tracks enhancing and tidying up landscaping and planting
- Hold a monthly councillor surgery in the ward, where you do not need an appointment, just drop in. Do regular street visits where residents can tell me, on their doorsteps, of any problems and issues – you won’t just see me at election time. Also Regular newsletter, Dedicated Phone number and email address,Up to date Website, facebook and Twitter presence
- Work with a strong Labour Group and other councillors on the council to fight back against a cuts’ obsessed Tory-led Government and a negligent, Tory run city council
- As a member of The Labour Group on the council, support and protect older citizens and children. Ensure school standards improve. Ensure the council becomes a Living Wage employer, whilst campaigning to make Peterborough a Living Wage city. Build strong & supportive neighbourhoods.
Kindly Note: An Updated version of this blogpost, will ALWAYS be found on the website E&OE google.com/+
JulianBray All Enquiries 01733 345581
Police 101. Emergency 999. Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
CLICK ON RSS PANEL BELOW TO SEE ALL LATEST POST UPDATES & LATER BREAKING NEWS ADDITIONS