|Stangrounds future under Cereste,Turnip, Rush &Walsh?|
Stanground residents. You might want to seriously attend the next police neighbourhood meeting on October 7th at the Grove Community Centre, if only to ask the 4 Stanground Conservative councillors, Messrs Cereste, Harper (AKA Turnip), Walsh and Rush, what on earth are they playing at? The current crimewave cannot be totally dumped into Police hands. Community engagement is for our local councillors to tackle, either do the job or quit.
It seems that since the council went into "No Overall Control" the 4 Stanground councillors have collectively taken their "swivel eyes" off the ball, and as a result our 2 Stanground Wards are now a Crime and ASB hotspot. Fletton & Woodston on the other hand is doing much better...
The PBROTRIB continues to report incidents as they come in, and allegedly the four councillors continue waste our time and police resources complaining to police HQ about the PBROTRIB reporting on rising crime, as a result of their serial 'knuckle dragging failings' to proactively look after Stanground; they'd rather spending time attending self serving 'bread and circuses' events held in the 'so called' Public Realm. We don't exist to make councillors and officials look good. Respect has to be earned.
Pure politics of course as East Stanground will soon be lumped in with Cardea (renamed Stanground South). The Stanground Conservative Councillors, facing a drubbing at next years election are busy stamp licking anything that might endear themselves to the new intake of residents and communities.
If you think that is a trifle harsh simply compare the facilities being piled into Cardea, and the poor standard of public works being completed within the traditional Stanground wards.
Crime down by 17.8% in Fletton & Woodston overall but CRIME is up 28% in Stanground
• Vehicle crime down 30% in Fletton & Woodston. However VEHICLE CRIME up 29% in Stanground
• Criminal Damage is up 21% in Fletton & Woodston but down 23% in Stanground
• Burglary has increased in Fletton & Woodston by 5% and BURGLARY up 33% in Stanground
• Across the sector non dwelling burglary is down by 50%
• Cycle theft is down 47% in Fletton & Woodston and by 15% in Stanground
• Domestic related incidents are down by 31% in Fletton & Woodston but DOMESTIC RELATED INCIDENTS up by 36% in Stanground
• Alcohol related incidents are down 24% in Fletton and Woodston and by just 2% in Stanground.
• ASB incidents are down by 19% compared with last year in Fletton & Woodston. Stanground has seen an increase in ASB of 6%
+++BREAKING 19:00 HRS THURSDAY 3rd October 2014 +++ By the way if the Fire Service is missing a fire engine, there is one currently parked up at the end of Aydon Road, Park Farm, Stanground PE2 with bells being rung,blues and twos sounded and young persons all over it...
Kindly Note: An Updated version of this blogpost, will ALWAYS be found on the website E&OE google.com/+JulianBray All Enquiries 01733 345581 >>>> Police 101. Emergency 999. Crimestoppers 0800 555 111. <<<< CLICK ON RSS PANEL BELOW TO SEE ALL LATEST POST UPDATES & LATER BREAKING NEWS ADDITIONS . . http://feeds.feedburner.com/BraysDuckhouseBlog