Weather Warning: Temperatures for bonfire night set to drop to below freezing - 04 degrees. WRAP UP!
Firework Top Ten Safety Code for AdultsYoung people should watch and enjoy fireworks at a safe distance and follow the safety rules for using sparklers. Only adults should deal with firework displays and the lighting of fireworks. They should also take care of the safe disposal of fireworks once they have been used.
- Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time.
- Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary.
- Light the firework at arm's length with a taper and stand well back.
- Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks.
- Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
- Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them.
- Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators.
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire.
- Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
Fireworks and pets
RSPCA - fireworks frighten animals
For advice on how to keep your pets safe during the fireworks season.
Blue Cross - fireworks and animals
Kindly Note: An Updated version of this blogpost, will ALWAYS be found on the website E&OE google.com/+JulianBray All Enquiries 01733 345581 CLICK ON RSS PANEL BELOW FOR LATEST BREAKING NEWS ADDITIONS BROADCAST ISDN LINK: 01733 345020 . . http://feeds.feedburner.com/BraysDuckhouseBlog