- The slowest street for broadband is named as Williamson Road in Romney Marsh, Kent, while Sandy Lane in Cannock, Staffordshire is the fastest
- Williamson Road has a dire average speed of 0.54Mbps – 135 times slower than Sandy Lane’s superfast 72.86Mbps and 42 times slower than the UK average speed (22.8Mbps)
- A third (34%) of the UK still struggles with sub 5Mbps speeds, while an unlucky 23% make do with speeds of less than 3Mbps
- North-South divide: the North of England offers twice as many speedy streets as the South, according to uSwitch’s top 30 fastest streets
- Postcode lottery: three of the UK’s fastest streets are in Staffordshire – also home to two of the slowest streets.
Read more: http://www.uswitch.com/media-centre/2015/03/uks-worst-street-for-broadband-revealed-and-its-135-times-slower-than-the-fastest-street/
E&OE google.com/+JulianBray Tel:++44 (0) 1733 345581 (Option: Reportophone enhanced) ISDN COOBE LINK: ++44 (0) 1733 345020 [G722 & ATX Codecs] IPHONE 0743 303145 http://feeds.feedburner.com/BraysDuckhouseBlog .