Home Office Immigration and Nationality Fees 2016
I am writing to inform you that the legislation (laid on 11 January), which sets maximum amounts that the Home Office can charge for broad categories of visa, immigration and nationality applications, is now in force.
The Home Office laid further legislation in Parliament on 26 February, which will make changes to specific visa, immigration and nationality application fees.
The new fees will come into effect on 18 March with fees for the Isle of Man coming into effect on 6 April. As set out in my previous letter, the key changes for 2016-17 are as follows:
- Visas linked most closely to economic growth, such as those offered to workers and students, will be increased by 2%.
- In recognition of the UK’s position as one of the world’s top tourist destinations, and to help maintain this position amongst our competitors, a 2% increase will also apply to all visit visas.
- Fees for all sponsorship categories will be held at the current rates.
- To achieve the government’s objective of a fully self-funding border and immigration system, while maintaining competitiveness by protecting work, study and visit routes, larger fee increases will apply to other routes.
- These include:
- Up to 25% increases for settlement, residence and nationality fees. These products deliver the most benefits to successful applicants, for example indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK, full access to free healthcare and other public services, and unrestricted access to the labour market.
- Up to 33% for optional premium services offered by the Home Office such as the super premium service and priority visa services overseas.
We are confident that our fee increases strike the right balance between ensuring we achieve a fully-self funding border and immigration system and continue to provide a competitive level of service, while maintaining a fees structure that remains attractive to businesses, migrants and visitors.
If you have any queries about these increases, please contact me at
Acting Director of Finance
E&OE google.com/+JulianBray Tel:+44 (0) 1733 345581 .