|Cllr Irene Walsh, 'consulting'..|
A Christmas Morality tale: Cllr Irene Walsh (for it is she, who masterminded the 'Horlicks' over the new War Memorial consultation, and we believe is offering herself up for re-election in May) is attempting to slide this latest public consultation and questionable piece of local legislation through over the busy Christmas and New Year Holiday period; so that her PCC employed squad of uniformed SIC 'bouncers' can lawfully handout fixed penalty notice tickets possibly to anyone including homeless people, shoppers, cyclists anywhere in the 'Cereste Memorial Public Realm,' which runs from the Broadway Job Centre (opposite the Conservative Club) at one end, down to the 'Poundland' end of Bridge Street.
At the moment only fully professionally trained and qualified police officers have the power to issue these tickets. If you wish to see police powers additionally eroded in this way, do nothing, but if you deplore, or wish to have your say, on this development read on, but do it quickly:
introduced a range of new powers designed to address anti-social behaviour including Public Space Protection Orders (PSPOs).
PSPOs are intended to deal with a particular nuisance or problem in a specific area that is detrimental to the local community’s quality of life, by imposing conditions on the use of that area which apply to everyone. They are designed to ensure the law-abiding majority can use and enjoy public spaces, safe from anti-social behaviour.
DRAFT Public Spaces Protection Order - Peterborough City Centre
Peterborough City Council ("the Council") in exercise of the power under section 59 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, being satisfied that the conditions set out in section 59 of the Act have been met make the following order:
1. The land described by the map attached and shown edged red being land in the area of the Council is land to which the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 applies and will be protected by the making of this Order.
2. The Order may be cited as the Peterborough City Centre Public Spaces Protection Order and shall come into force on XX Xxxx 2017 for duration of three years.
3. The effect of the Order is to impose the following conditions on the use of the land:
(a) In this area any person who continues to carry out activities from which they are prohibited commits an offence namely;
1. Persons within the area, on the request of a Police Constable, Police Community Support Officer or an authorised Council Officer are to comply with the request to dispose of or surrender any containers of alcohol in their possession or disperse from an area.
2. No urination and/or defecation in a public place other than within designated public toilets.
3. No begging - not to make unsolicited and/or unauthorised requests for money (whether expressly requested or impliedly requested by conduct) in a public place from persons not known to the perpetrator.
4. No unauthorised cycling (i.e. in Bridge Street).
5. Cyclists to dismount if requested to do so by an authorised officer if they are of the opinion that the cyclist is riding in a wanton and furious manner.
6. To comply with Peterborough City Council's code of conduct for busking.
7. Groups are to disperse from an area if requested to do so by an authorised officer if the officer is of the opinion that the group is causing harassment, alarm or distress.
8. No littering or spitting. It is an offence to throw down, drop or otherwise deposit and then leave, litter in any place in the open air in the defined area.
(b) In this area any person who fails to comply with any of these conditions commits an offence.
4. A person guilty of an offence under conditions (a) or (b) above, under section 67 of the Act is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale or fixed penalty notice of a maximum £100.
GIVEN under the Common Seal of the Council of the City of Peterborough on the XX day of Xxxxxxxx 2017
The Common Seal of Peterborough City Council was
affixed in the presence of:
Peterborough City Council is proposing to introduce a PSPO for a defined area within Peterborough City Centre to deal with numerous ongoing anti-social behaviour issues (see map).
Hard copies of the surveys, maps and draft orders are available on request. These can be requested by contacting 01733 863853.
Have your say
We would be grateful if you could complete the Public Space Protection Orders consultation survey.
https://parkfarmneighbourhoodwatch.blogspot.com E&OE google.com/+JulianBray Tel:+44 (0) 1733 345581